Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: livecoding at piksel]

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 00:42:39 +0000

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 23:32 +0100, Kassen wrote:
> I'm intrigued by the options and I'd like to try to get this to work
> and try this but right now I'm too busy to take on any commitments for
> the near future. It's not that a screencast would take so much time
> but your performance made me think "oops, I really need to practice
> more again". This is a feeling I tend to get watching videos from list
> members.

I'd see this as practice really, getting feedback from a couple of
people listening across the net...

> > I was receiving to another laptop to monitor the quality and as I
> > remember did notice a lot of drop outs towards the end, when I was
> > probably doing more and using more CPU.
> It sounded like a CPU issue to me, yes, and "top" told me it wasn't
> mine.

I've stared at the gstreamer plugin API for a while, in theory it should
be easy to write something that takes text as OSC and sends it to
textoverlay to render into a video stream. That would take a lot less
CPU than doing screen grabs all the time I think. However it involves
automake and a sprawling mass of documentation. I think it got the
better of me.

> Sure, I just wanted to be clear. With V2's night on this I heard about
> it slightly too late to be included.

Was that the one where Florian Cramer gave a lecture featuring Click
Nilson? Did anyone let him know that he doesn't exist?

> At any rate a big toplap thing in Rotterdam would be great and Worm is
> a nice location.

Good to hear.

cheers

alex