Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: livecoding at piksel]

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:32:49 +0100

alex;

> Are you using the US or UK definition of 'pants'? In any case I should
> warn of the danger of prolonged exposure to heat from a laptop.

I meant trousers, originally, but I fully support your right to feel
comfortable in the privacy of your own home :¬p. Personally I like to code
in loose-fitting clothes and no shoes, sitting cross-legged.

> Anyway are you offering to do a live screencast? Just say when.

I'm intrigued by the options and I'd like to try to get this to work and try
this but right now I'm too busy to take on any commitments for the near
future. It's not that a screencast would take so much time but your
performance made me think "oops, I really need to practice more again". This
is a feeling I tend to get watching videos from list members.

> I was receiving to another laptop to monitor the quality and as I
> remember did notice a lot of drop outs towards the end, when I was
> probably doing more and using more CPU.

It sounded like a CPU issue to me, yes, and "top" told me it wasn't mine.

> Plans are early for that, hopefully it will turn into a big toplap
> thing, will let you know.

Sure, I just wanted to be clear. With V2's night on this I heard about it
slightly too late to be included. Reportedly V2 had issues finding a Dutch
ChucKist. I was a bit disapointed by that, I'd imagine I would be hard to
miss in the ChucK world but then they did give me a nice large poster of
that event, featuring abstracted flowers and SC code so I can't complain and
I did end up briefly jaming with Artem with his Fluxus reacting to my ChucK.

At any rate a big toplap thing in Rotterdam would be great and Worm is a
nice location.

Yours,
Kas.