Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: livecoding at piksel]

From: Cyrill Bloch <cyrill.bloch_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 22:46:56 +0100

le 7/12/08 22:20:
> Hey Kassen,
>
> On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 22:02 +0100, Kassen wrote:
>
>> A great concept. It allows the artist to play in the place he feels
>> most comfortable, alleviates the trouble of traveling, cuts costs and
>> there is no need for pants.
>>

> Are you using the US or UK definition of 'pants'? In any case I should
> warn of the danger of prolonged exposure to heat from a laptop.
>
> Anyway are you offering to do a live screencast? Just say when.

lol. Very trivial but very true. Always use something to put your laptop
on when using it, don't put it straight on your knees.
I'd like to contribute too. I'm not used to livecoding, but I do music,
and I work as an engineer in x-reseau (Paris), where we do lots of
different kinds of streaming for artists (currently, Lucille Calmel,
screen streaming, stage video streaming, audio streaming,
www.jetedemandedemedemander.fr).
>> I was getting a increased amount of noise and dropouts near the end
>> while the beginning sounded perfect (or as perfect as those noisy
>> samples were going to get....).
>>

> I was receiving to another laptop to monitor the quality and as I
> remember did notice a lot of drop outs towards the end, when I was
> probably doing more and using more CPU.

At one time (around 11.36 GMT) I had to kill the stream then reload it,
and then it worked fine.

--
מצה ו חומוס תוך פריס