[livecode] [Fwd: Re: livecoding at piksel]

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 21:20:26 +0000

Hey Kassen,

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 22:02 +0100, Kassen wrote:
> A great concept. It allows the artist to play in the place he feels
> most comfortable, alleviates the trouble of traveling, cuts costs and
> there is no need for pants.

Are you using the US or UK definition of 'pants'? In any case I should
warn of the danger of prolonged exposure to heat from a laptop.

Anyway are you offering to do a live screencast? Just say when.

> I was getting a increased amount of noise and dropouts near the end
> while the beginning sounded perfect (or as perfect as those noisy
> samples were going to get....).

I was receiving to another laptop to monitor the quality and as I
remember did notice a lot of drop outs towards the end, when I was
probably doing more and using more CPU.

> Oh, and I'd like to repeat that if there would be a event in Worm
> (Rotterdam) next spring then I'd be happy to (re)present and play
> ChucK.

Plans are early for that, hopefully it will turn into a big toplap
thing, will let you know.

Cheers,

alex