Re: [livecode] fluxus 0.15

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:09:25 +0100 (BST)

Hi Evan,

> Looks great, I just compiled it on OS X (10.4.11) from svn source but
> there are a few issues (in no particular order):

It would be better to use the tar.gz as cvs already has some changes.

> 1. running self-test on the examples directory, the wire.scm example
> (and a few others) has some errors (due to osc?) and doesn't display
> anything:
>
> output:
>
> , given: {23 40.3 "fluxus"}; other arguments were: "/hello?" "ifs"
>
> === context ===
> /Users/evan/cvs/fluxus/examples/osc-test.scm:4:0: osctest
> /Applications/PLT Scheme v3.99.0.25/collects/fluxus-015/scratchpad.ss:
> 377:0: default-fluxus-frame-callback
>
> osc-spdata-get called without an objected being grabbed
> pdata-get called without an objected being grabbed
> pdata-get called without an objected being grabbed
> pdata-get called without an objected being grabbed
> pdata-get called without an objected being grabbed

These messages are to do with threading - the tests run in a different
thread to the main rendering one, so some things get out of sync
sometimes. The run-scripts function needs some work in this regard.

> 2. it would be nice if, for the self-test, you could just pass
> "examples" as the directory instead of "examples/"

Yup... - I assume you mean run-scripts rather than self-test?

> 3. when compiling (in the first few lines of output), it shows an
> error about ld not finding libfluxus - it looks like it is looking
> for it in the parent folder of the fluxus distro, and not the fluxus
> distro itself.

Could you post the output and your machine details on the fluxus list.

> I'd really like to use Fluxus for a class I'm teaching on programming
> & interactive art at UCreative starting in 2 weeks, and I'll try and
> make a self-contained Mac app of it for that purpose (although I am
> not a very skillful mac app packager).

That would be great, there is a chance someone will be able to help you,
again ask on the fluxus list. I'm doing a livecoding workshop for
teenagers using fluxus in a few months, it would be good to have a place
to share course materials and discuss approach...

cheers,

dave