[livecode] projection issues

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 02:17:52 +0200

Dear list,

I'm having a small issue with projecting, or rather others are having a
issue with it and I'm having a hard time understanding.

You see, I was asked for a tech-rider for this Today's Art festival in The
Hague gig. I listed a small table, a chair, a projector... and the poor
organiser seemed to nearly faint. A projector was out of the question so I
offered to arrange one myself.. but according to her any projection at all
is out of the question.

Now I can't see how you can have a space that can fit a few dozen people and
not be able to project a screen. Ok, I could imagine such a space but I
wouldn't organise a party in it.

I've been thinking about a few options like borrowing one of those huge
flatscreen TV's that have monitor inputs or being stubborn and bringing a
projector with a screen anyway and seeing how far I can get on my own,
perhaps projecting on the ceiling and seeing who will lie down or something.

Does anybody have any experience with techniques to sort this sort of thing
out? Is there some sort of sure-fire solution or would I need to take a look
at this magical space that won't allow for projection at all myself ahead of
time? Any factors that need special attention?

Any hints, tips and experiences would be very welcome.

Yours,
Kas.