Re: [livecode] aa-cell recording

From: nescivi <nescivi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:05:29 -0400

On Friday 09 February 2007 00:45:28 Andrew Sorensen wrote:
> ** Have other live programmers experienced audio problems when using
> video projectors (earthing problems/ground loop etc.) Seems to be an
> ongoing problem for aa-cell - not sure what we're doing wrong. We
> seem to end up with really noisy signal as soon as we start
> projecting - obviously highly undesirable!! The problem is
> exacerbated by the fact that we rarely use the same projector twice
> and often have very little setup time or control over the performance
> space. Any suggestions/thoughts greatly appreciated.

Way late reaction...
but we did experience this problem in the C-Base in Berlin during the LAC2007.
We didn't find a solution for it, other than playing one of the pieces from
two computers with manual synching.
Frank Barknecht's performance suffered completely from this and we didn't
project unfortunately... but you could look at his screen instead...

Maybe analog amplification is a solution... using a giant Fresnel lens to
amplify your computer screen, or an external screen connected to your
laptop... could be a nice alternative. Dangerous with outdoor performances
though.

sincerely,
Marije