Re: [livecode] livecoding at ICMC - update

From: Matthew Yee-King <lists_at_yeeking.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:36:26 +0100

Hello livecoders!

I have booked the venue for the livecoding night at ICMC. It will take
place on Monday 25th August in the evening, here:

http://www.blackboxbelfast.com/

(in the 100 capacity cafe area, not the main bit).

We'll be joining forces with Ajay Kapur who will be providing some live
Indian electronic music.

They have a projector and a screen, which is cool. They also have a PA,
but I am not sure about monitor speakers yet. (waiting for info there).

I have also enquired about the internet connection for those livecoders
in remote locations... I suspect we will at best be given access to a
typical NAT wifi set up (probably without admin access to the router),
which might make it difficult to forward OSC messages directly. So we
might have to do something clever like sending messages via an
intermediary web server which we poll from inside the wifi network.

Ajay thinks we should charge to get in. This seems reasonable so we can
cover the £100 booking fee and sort out the artists with at least beer
money.

The list of performers is as follows (in no particular order!):

alex mclean
matthew yee-king
luc van weelden
fredrik remotely crashing //beginning of a haiku?
drb fairly possible
son of click
gmfc

plus Ajay's gang.