Re: [livecode] Application for TOPLAP seal of approval.

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 04:27:35 +0200

luc ;

> so what your saying is, you want me to do crazy dance moves in a funny
> suite during your coding performance at the today's art festival!?

I meant to say it would be great to investigate and illustrate the degree to
which modern man lives in symbiosis with computers on a cognitive level
(externalising much of our memory to hard-discs, etc) by having deaf, dumb &
blind performers stumble straight into the audience after a few unfortunate
picks of the random number generator.

If, for some reason, this wouldn't lead the audience to question to what
degree they themselves are following rules and where -exactly- those rules
come from (reflexes, hormones, social traditions, programmers with a strange
sense of humour), at least there would be pleasant amounts of chaos.

That's not to say I'd keep anyone from dressing up and doing funny dance
moves.

oke, i can bring my Fristi dancemat with me for you to hack on stage.
> http://www.jetix.nl/localise/fristi_dancemat/fristi.html

Actually, I've got a dancemat here myself. I'd definitely be up for some
project with dance-mats and livecoding, that would be a convenient excuse
for bolting guitar-strap-holders to a keyboard as well. Sounds like another
excellent opportunity for disaster.

> <http://www.jetix.nl/localise/fristi_dancemat/fristi.html>
>
> and then you'll let me have the cyborg body??
>
> I believe the traditional way of dealing with questions about giving up
one's body is to say "Maybe I'll call you later". :¬p

Cheers,
Kas.