Re: [livecode] non-linguistic programming

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:17:25 -0000 (GMT)

> C++ code is ugly. Knitting with knotted barbed wire is ugly too,
> particularly without gloves. I don't see why knitting with symbols is
> intrinsically ugly if knitting with wool is beautiful.
>
> In functional programming we don't have arrays, we have lists, which are
> quite a different kettle of fish.
>
>> Haskell is still pretty unreadable, therefore a
>> bit of a kludge. But at least it looks unreadable
>> from the get-go and doesn't pretend otherwise.

Gentlemen, let's not talk like this around here of all places - all
languages are created equally (except COBOL).

And who's overlooking lisp? There are two livecoding systems which use it
(given that scheme is a flavour of lisp).

Talking of 1D/2D and lisp:
http://www.32768.com/bill/weblog/2004/11/04/someone-threw-up-some-lisp/

I will buy a beer for the first person to come up with a language
expressed in 'knitware'.

cheers,

dave