[livecode] non-linguistic programming

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:33:45 +0000

I've just watched this excellent talk about how GUI widgets may be fused
together in order to compose higher order behaviour:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faJ8N0giqzw

If you ignore his stereotyped view of computer artists there's some
really fascinating stuff. In the questions he mentions an idea that
reminds me of Julian's supercollider timeline - do you have that written
up anywhere, Julian?. Conal points to this book as inspiration:

  http://www.alphabetvsgoddess.com/index.html

You could construct a nasty diatribe against livecoding with this...
Text as misogynistic, out of balance. I wonder if there's anything in
it?

alex