Re: [livecode] gpu livecoding

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:47:05 +0100 (BST)

> Hey D,
>
> Nice work and now im gonna be cheeky. Ive been doing a lot of shader
> stuff in DX (dont stone me please) but I'd kinda prefer to be doing it
> in opengl (Im switching so much from one api to another that my head
> hurts and I dont know which way is up- x or y .. lol).

hehe, yes that can be a problem :)

> But Ive never really found any decent demo code/tutorials on getting glsl
> up and running. Have you got any pointers?

you mean on the C/C++ side? things have got a lot easier with GL2 - I
waited till I had drivers that supported that, so I didn't have to mess
with extensions. it's really very easy, all the fluxus shader stuff goes
though this class:
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/fluxus/libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.h?root=fluxus&view=markup
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/fluxus/libfluxus/src/GLSLShader.cpp?root=fluxus&view=markup

I think the only thing it's dependant on is my colour/vector/matrix
classes and some searchpath stuff which call all easily be removed.

> p.s. you having much to do with the world of games anymore? Im still
> teaching quite a bit of games/gfx. culture stuff up here and so on

yes, I'm working in games again - although doing more computer vision now...

cheers,

dave