Re: [livecode] Workshops at LOSS Livecode

From: Jim Prevett <jp_at_access-space.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:41:46 +0100

Hi all,
this is Jim from Access space calling- to say hi to you all- say that I am
here for any special requests and to try and get things sorted from the
Sheffield end...

A quick overview of the options and possibilities (Alex- I will chat to you
later today- sorry I missed your calls yesterday).

Ok- so space wise- access space is of moderate size. We have about 12
networked computers (of moderate spec- they have all been built from donated
and recycled bits) running on Mandriva at the moment. It may be that none of
these are needed but it may be that all of them are. Most of them currently
have sound running on them- (Alsa) and we are contantly trying to keep them
up to date etc. They can all run Supercolllider. Some of them run Jack
although we have been charting the incompatibility of hardware with this. We
have one projector constantly available- and more can be sourced with
accurate numbers. Size wise- it would comfortably seat about 20-25 people
and could be pushed to hold more although it would then get very intimate!

We also have the possibility of using another space as well as access space.
We can get hold of a larger empty space at SIF (Sheffield Independent Film)
just down the road- this would be good for some performances etc although we
would need to hire equipment- PA etc- think they have a projector in the
space that we can use.

In terms of the rest- any requests to make this as enjoyable for everybody-
and I will try my best to sort.

With regards to the friday session... I think the workshops would work well
as hands on etc and then maybe moving towards a more of a jam session...
then leading into food and the evenings entertainment. Worshop content- am
afraid I am not going to be much use here- I am not really a livecoder- just
interested! So therefore- I am your naive audience for you to test ideas!

I am really looking forward to it all and let me know if there is anything I
can do.

best
Jim