Re: [livecode] livecode bibliography

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:10:28 +0000

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 18:30 +0000, Nick Collins wrote:
> Just making the TOPLAP submission, I created a bibliography of
> historical/academic papers on live coding to add at the end- anyone want to
> suggest any additional?

This is fantastic Nick!

This one from Andrew which I haven't managed to find myself yet:

Collinge, D. J. MOXIE: A Language for Computer Music Performance. In. W.
Buxton (editor), Proceedings of the International Computer Music
Conference 1984

And a related paper I found while looking for the above although I have
not yet got to read it in detail:

Formula: A Programming Language for Expressive Computer Music
David P. Anderson and Ron Kuivila. Computer 24 12--21 (1991)

Conversational Languages
Kupka and Wilsing. (1980)

I added details of the last two to bibsonomy, for easy exporting to BibTeX:
  http://www.bibsonomy.org/tag/toplap

I might find time to add the others there too. If you already have them
as BibTeX that would be easiest as you can just import that.

> And just thinking- is the TOPLAP mailing list archive ever going to appear?
> There have been many interesting discussions in the past- a few of us
> surely have complete archives (I have almost complete give or take a
> couple) - should we make these available at some point?

I have tended towards keeping archives for list members only in the
past. However I am happy to go with consensus and open it up to
external references if that's what people want.

For now however, some searchable archives are available here, going back
to mid 2004 (although the earliest dates all show 2005-05-28 for some
reason):
  http://lurker.slab.org/list/livecode.en.html

Log in with user 'toplap' and password 'toplap'.

Do keep hold of your archive though Nick - I'm not sure if I have a
complete one.

alex