Re: [livecode] aa-cell recording

From: Andrew Sorensen <andrew_at_moso.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:37:57 +1000

> hi Andrew,
> beautiful track! thanks for sharing. you've really got something
> going there and i look forward to hear/see you perform here in
> europe soon.

Thanks Fredrik. We're definitely going to try to make it to Europe
sometime this year (hopefully to ICMC and then bum around europe for
awhile :-)

> though compared from hearing you perform live, i did lack one
> little thing... the all so quiet rattle of you two typing away like
> mad on your keyboards. so please - feature request for the next mp3.

Yeah. We audio capture inside Impromptu so no keyboard sounds (or
audience for that matter) We might have to mic up the keyboards and
route them into Impromptu so the click/clacks get captured as well.
Or we could use sampled sounds and trigger from the keyboard as
normal audio events inside Impromptu - sample some huge old monster
of a typewriter :)

> i've been fighting projector hum a fair bit and Ade is right. try
> to make sure laptop+beamer uses the same power. although this
> seems counterintuitive and many sound technicians wont let you run
> a projector on their clean sound power supply.
> another very efficient way is to remove the earth from the
> projector with a homebuilt earth->noearth cable (some gaffa also
> works with the plugs we have here in .de). no hum but a brutal if
> not illegal method. and if something happens you didn't hear that
> from me ;-) see it as a desperate last solution.

Sounds like we'll have to get a bit smarter about power supplies/
sockets. Adrian's battery suggestion seems a good one - we'll give
this a try and see how long we can go without power. AB remembers
removing the earth from his big bad rock band days - if possible we'd
like to try to avoid that option :)

Funny, being brought up on a trumpet the whole musicians using
electrical power thing just sort of skipped me by :)

Thanks for the suggestions (Adrian as well !! )

Cheers,
Andrew.S