Re: [livecode] Rule based intonation

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:42:59 +0100

On 11/27/06, alex <alex_at_slab.org> wrote:

> Yes I gave this link here twice already the last week!

Right, do you suppose this might be at all linked to it suddenly being
amongst my open windows? Doh, that was quite stupid. Let me appologise and
promise to drink more coffee before posting again.
 (blushes)

This paper has a review of this area including some evalutation of KTH
> rules:

Thanks!

There are opensource implementations of the KTH rules available but I
> haven't heard of anyone using them yet.

Well, as I read the pages I linked to these rules are quite straightforward
and shouldn't be that hard to implement in the sort of environment used in
livecoding.

Detecting what a "phrase" is might be hardest but clearly we could cheat and
simply define something that would generate something "phrase-like" as a
sort of unit and at that point the rest would be quite easy.

Sounds like a worthwhile area to invest a few evening in.

Yours, if feeling silly now,
Kas.