Re: [livecode] livecoding with a bp2-alike thing

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:12:23 +0000

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 12:53 +0100, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
> if you are not depending on any ressources on the
> server, you can quickly boot a new one if you
> actually have managed to crash the old.
>
> sclang is easy to crash with an infinite loop à
> la: fork { loop { } } or anything that approaches
> such a situation, but otherwise it usually is
> pretty stable.

It's nice to finish a set with a lot of processes, perhaps even a
forkbomb, where everything slowly grinds to a halt. It seems that this
high precision low latency stuff gets in the say of this.

> Alex, are you sending osc first to sclang and from there to scserver?

Yes although Rohan Drape has now given me a recipe to schedule events
directly on scserver with high precision. I would then have to
implement some of these rules to make it sounds wonky again:
  http://www.speech.kth.se/music/performance/performance_rules.html

He also pointed me at the Stream, Pattern and Event model stuff in
sclang. That really looks quite beautiful to use. Do all the
supercollider people use that stuff?

alex