Re: [livecode] Haskell state of affairs?

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:17:20 +0100

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 15:57 +0200, Mikael Johansson wrote:
> It's been a while since I did anything at all with livecoding - including
> even reading the list emails. However, I started learning haskell
> recently, and grew curious about this:
>
> How did it go? Do you have some sort of writeup on what the state of your
> haskell system is? Is there anything I could do to help get haskell
> livecoding up and running?

I got a proof of concept working using hs-plugins, triggering sounds
using an OSC library taken from the HSC supercollider client
  http://www.slavepianos.org/rd/f/207949/
  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/hs-plugins/

Proof of the proof of concept:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLS6GHXWMpA

My disorganised source:
  http://yaxu.org/hs/

Now I'm pre-occupied with the far more difficult task of learning
haskell properly... Then I hope to make a nice haskell DSL for making
music. Am very happy to discuss this further anyway.

I'm a bit confused about how haskell's laziness and monads helps/impacts
on livecoding...

It's a beautiful language, I encourage others to take a look.

alex