Re: [livecode] re: show us your screens

From: Paul Sanders <paul_at_state51.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:06:46 +0100

On 26 Sep 2006, at 14:38, Kassen wrote:

> In a way I think showing the schreen is similar to Liszt showing
> his hands. This may have taken something from the "how did he do
> that?" factor but I also think it's generally established that
> Liszt still had one of the largest "wow factors" in musical history.

Paganini was quite a blast too - he used to break his strings so he
had to finish the piece on just one.

> What apeals to me in livecoding is the inherent honesty, unlike in
> many performances of electronic music there is no option to cheat.

Unless the entire machine is visible then there will always be an
option to hide some of the processes that produce the output. There's
an interesting idea here about what lies behind the interface; I
think a piano would have to try very hard to be dishonest. Once you
press the key it has very little option but to hit the string!