[livecode] language for conversational computing

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:15:23 +0100

The Language for Conversational Computing (LCC) sounds interesting:

"The statement syntax of LCC stems from that of Algol 60 and JOSS, but
LCC has been designed to exploit as fully as possible the dynamic nature
of conversational computing. Thus LCC is a fully interpretive system
with extensive features for conversational control and with capabilities
for dynamic block structure, block expressions, and recursion,
interspersed editing and execution (use of program text as data and vice
versa), dynamic variable attributes, and interlaced program execution
and creation (program-directed program preparation). The complete LCC
syntax and a sample conversation are included."
http://stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oai?&verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=AD0729940

Will look it up properly next time I'm in the library. Maybe there are
others like this (like JOSS), we could build a timeline of them on the
wiki.

alex