Re: [livecode] visual coding platforms...

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:04:52 +0100

If you can show the construction/manipulation of an algorithm its ok I
believe. For Max/MSP style use, there were some good demonstrations going
on in Belgium as short contests, so nothing to exclude visual programming
languages per se. Further, visual output is totally ok- look at fluxus or
The Thingee.

Problems start when all is hardcoded beforehand and unobservable, and you
only play with parameters via widgets. You might get away with it if your
performance itself followed and rewrote instructions (independent of the
software).

cheers

--On 9 August 2006 10:28:05 -0500 jonCates <joncates_at_criticalartware.net>