Re: [livecode] little movie

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:47:43 +0100 (BST)

> This is f*#_at_&!¿ brilliant.
>
> I agree, it's very pedagogical without being
> pedantic. Our position has always been to just
> make the music, to jump right into it, and to
> avoid the "pedagogical" demo introduction that
> you usually get with this sort of thing : "look
> public, by bowing this string, you'll get this
> noise". Maybe that's what the orchestra does when
> they tune up, but I dunno.

thanks! :)

we've talked in the past about the smoke and mirrors aspect of (computer)
art, but I'm really motivated by livecoding because it shows/is all the
working parts (no explanations required), and the idea of treating the
audience like an equal rather than a consumer. I think in some way free
software is an part of that too.

> I didn't catch which environement you're using.
> Maybe this was already mentioned, and it looks
> like Fluxus, but I might be wrong.

yup, fluxus as code interface/graphics, some of these for audio:
http://www.pawfal.org/Software/livenoisetools/ and a load of scheme code
to glue it all together.

cheers,

dave