Re: [livecode] Doug Stanley interview

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:17:18 +0100 (BST)

>>Is there a problem when someone presses a small key and a huge sound
> comes out?
>
> I can't argue with a Genesis story now, can I? Heh!
>
>>code as a thoroughly human thing (and that (computer)
> languages are utterly designed for humans, not computers).
>
> What I'm interested is a computing language other than mathematics
> that allows human beings to "compute" any number
> of abstract transformations. And this computation would
> happen with the help of vocal sounds. That would surely
> close the gap betwen music and spoken language.

Do you think this gap was closer or non-existant in the past?

I like this perspective a lot.

I remember reading how in some (Australian aboriginal) societies the
culture is passed on as songs and stories told during, and as part of the
painting of pictures or making of artifacts - all bound into the same
knowledge. The process *is* knowledge, story, music etc.

cheers,

dave