Re: [livecode] fluxus 0.10

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:28:19 +0100 (BST)

> Dave Griffiths wrote:
>
>> A graphical livecoding environment for Scheme. Builds for Linux or OSX,
>> and released under the GPL licence.
>
> I'm cunfused (or stupid (or both))!
>
> Isn't fluxus the live-noise-tools repackaged? What's all that graphical
> stuff? Enlighten me, please...

fluxus is for graphics, livenoisetools for sounds

I put them together with magic osc glue and fluxus becomes a musical
interface too.

In practical terms, fluxus is an attempt at free software as something
properly documented, released and supported, where as livenoisetools is
free software as messy experiment - I'd advocate people using om or
supercollider in preference any day :)

cheers,

dave