Re: [livecode] Doug Stanley interview

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:34:29 +0200

The question is if we want to see the techniques of live coding to be
more than something that happens within a specific cultural context
and situation (electronic music on stage).

As far as my research is concerned, I can only state that the notion
of an abstract machine and its pecularities are very much connected
to it forming a relation between process and text. Threfore formal
interaction with a running process is of general interest both in art
and science.

A question that regularly comes up in this context is the role of
language in interaction - the rubic's cube, as you have alluded to
structuralism, comes close to something like a semiotic machine, a
code; other interfaces maybe less. I'd find it interesting to discuss
here in what way live coding (or interactive programming) is tied to
a language/text and how this relates to other "interfaces".

--
.