Re: [livecode] livecoding with a gamepad

From: dave <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:01:42 +0100

Hi Amy,

I was going to ask about the Thingee dance mat actually, I assume it has
a similar function? Dancing code has to be a holy grail of performance
programming :)

I'm hoping to have a similar code pasting function in this virtual
machine idea - so you can save bits of memory (data=code) and paste them
back in.

As for decoupling the typing interface, a game pad with analogue sticks
allows you to use a circle menu for selecting individual instructions -
which may be lot easier - memorising directions rather than key
combinations.

Not sure how easy any of it is going to be yet though, had the whole
virtual machine and interface written in scheme running in fluxus, but
the timing is too shoddy for the audio so I'm having to rewrite the vm
in C++ now.