Re: [livecode] livecoding with a gamepad

From: Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:03:58 -0700 (PDT)

groovy! actually Thingee also offers a gamepad interface to livecoding....
but not the same kind... the
 idea being that when you livecode a snippet of code that you like, and you
want to be able to reuse that snippet of code later in the performance
without remembering/retyping it, you can hit a key on the keyboard that
will assign it to a button on the gamepad. then any time you hit that
button, it pastes in the code (in Thingee's case, into the visuals...)
then when you are ready to execute it, you add the semi-colon (which
always is the cue for Thingee to execute something.)

might seem trivial, but the idea is to decouple livecoding from the
necessity of typing, thus helping with problems of lack of gesture, typing
virtuosity, or even mechanics of coding virtuosity...

 http://deprogramming.us/perfs/

btw, i recently added some modificiations to Thingee including a
"blackout" command for better group performance... must remember to upload
it; the old version is still online, oof...

-_at_