Re: [livecode] new members

From: Mark Egli <markegli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:19:03 -0500

alex wrote:

> So we have some new members, please introduce yourselves - what are
> you
> livecoding and why? Or if you're not livecoding right now, why not?

Hello everyone,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to my introduction. Things
are pretty busy for me at the moment since the end of the semester is
approaching.

I'm Mark Egli and I'm currently working on a Computer Engineering BS
degree at the University of Illinois.

I'm not livecoding because my forays into programming thus far have
been rather limited and I find the list of Toplap Systems to be
rather daunting. Nonetheless, I have more than a passing interest in
algorithmic composition so I'm here the glean as much information as
possible. I'm also interested in trying to pick up knowledge along
these lines in an academic setting, but I haven't been able to find
much available here at the U of I. If anyone wants to make a pitch
for their college/university, I might be looking at grad school
options sooner than I'd like to think about.

-M