Re: [livecode] re: happy codeday

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:28:05 +0100

>hi list,
>thought i'd mention that i got some tough critique after the jam at
>maria. my friends were provoked (but not enough to stand up and
>leave...) main objection was that there were too few outstanding
>ideas. it all blurred sonically and visually.
>my comment is that as 10 people improvising with laptops is bound to
>fail live coding or not, i think we sort of made it through all
>right. and it was great fun to get together with you all.

I pretty much agree with this view. Actually, I found it quite
comical how we were sitting there on stage more or less involved in
this slightly boring activity. If we had done it outside for the
chill out zone, nobody would have complained I guess - the theatre
setting gave the whole thing a certain dadaesque atmosphere. I did
enjoy the mellow mix of different attempts, incuding nick writing his
ugen ..
But I guess all of us can do much better than this.

--
.