Re: [livecode] sync

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:30:33 +0100

>On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 01:25 +0100, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
>> yes, this is true. I first thought of ntpd, too, which you can run as
>> a time server. But as I understand it sends the sync via broadcast
>> then and all clients have to switch on the option to listen via
>> broadcast.
>> This is ok only if you don't have a seminar where people come and go
>> and you don't want to make them fiddle with their system too much.
>> But maybe there is another way?
>
>Ah ok, I hadn't heard of chrony before, but I just installed it on my
>laptop as a debian package, and found info about how to set it up as a
>master in an isolated network. I guess we also need a hub and wires.
>
>Are you thinking about this primarily for your workshop or for the live
>jams as well?

I'm looking for a solution to the very common problem of how to
sync in an optimal way. I'll try to somehow install chrony on my
computer, too, but I don't know what flags I have to set to configure
it properly. Have you tried chrony on a local network? does it allow
others to simply reference to a certain address/port?

--
.