Re: [livecode] sync

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:12:36 +0000

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 01:25 +0100, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
> yes, this is true. I first thought of ntpd, too, which you can run as
> a time server. But as I understand it sends the sync via broadcast
> then and all clients have to switch on the option to listen via
> broadcast.
> This is ok only if you don't have a seminar where people come and go
> and you don't want to make them fiddle with their system too much.
> But maybe there is another way?

Ah ok, I hadn't heard of chrony before, but I just installed it on my
laptop as a debian package, and found info about how to set it up as a
master in an isolated network. I guess we also need a hub and wires.

Are you thinking about this primarily for your workshop or for the live
jams as well?

One problem is that I might need to leave with my laptop before the end
of the second workshop to help set up at c-base, but if your workshop
goes first you can use my laptop throughout.

alex