Re: [livecode] transmediale travel

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:15:09 +0000

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 22:51 -0800, Amy Alexander wrote:
> it's not likely, as i already used up my univ. grant trip for this fiscal
> year on read_me. however, i have started asking around, in case anyone
> knows of any other money i might be able to tap into...
>
> depending which airport i fly out of and other things, my airfare would be
> something like:
> $550 USD / 408 EUR / 283 GBP

Thanks for that Amy - does it cost much to get to the airport?

Here's the current list of people who want to attend (please add
yourself to the wiki if you're not here):

      * Nick Collins (uk)
      * Fredik Olofsson (berlin)
      * Kristjan Varnik (berlin)
      * Julian Rohrhuber (de)
      * Alberto de Campo (de)
      * Dave Griffiths (uk)
      * Ade Ward (uk)
      * Alex McLean (uk)
      * Amy Alexander (us)
      * Ge Wang (us)

So say transmediale can cover three ukers and one de-er (they said they
could cover three to four people), that leaves one uk-er, two already in
berlin, one train fare for somewhere elsewhere in germany and two from
the US. If we find our own accommodation, maybe they can help more
towards the transport, although we can't all fit in Fredrik's apartment!

Regardless of who club.tm end up paying for, I think it's fairest for
them to list us all as participants.

With TOPLAP funds standing at 390 pounds sterling, we're not all that
far off... It would be nice to use some of that money for a TOPLAP
dinner, but more important is getting people there in the first place.

I'm off for a cycle ride now, but share any thoughts and I'll write to
Andreas at transmediale this evening, with a CC to the list.

I'm getting excited about this already, which is stupid, it's not for
months! :)

alex