Re: [livecode] toplap

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:32:35 +0100

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:40:19 +0100, Adrian Ward wrote
> On 27 Oct 2004, at 4:40 am, Marcel Gonzalez Corso wrote:
> TOPLAP is - for me - a move away from the soundtoys, the instant
> music makers, the generative music tools, the quirky combinations of
> ideas. I think TOPLAP needs to firmly reject these in order to
> maintain it's foothold on the central thesis that is... software
> production is music authorship.

For me, idealistically it's about total exposure of a performance to the
audience. It's about laying your algorithms on the table face up to show whats
going on. I don't think it has anything to do with what you use to do that -
if it's a java app soundtoy that you can reconfigure openly to operate
differently - so be it.

I suppose I don't see programming as being about typing and text editors.
That's just the interface to programming.

Perhaps we disagree - how exciting! :)

dave