Re: [livecode] Hello (& chaos)

From: Tom Betts <tom_at_nullpointer.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:33:19 +0100

> If you're programming a high level language that is compiled into
bytecode,
> thats not what I'm talking about - that still seperates the actual running
> processes from the coder (with a write/compile cycle). I'm thinking of a
> system where you edit the machine code as it's running. In most sensible
> situations this would only ever result in crashes :)

While working on my system I did allow you to edit while executing, but you
are right,
it just lead to lots of crashes and other wierd effects..

for instance..

i am typing 10 Mov 20
but while i am typing it gets executed at
10 Mov 2
oops ! we get a valid execution but an unintentional process..

this started to get really silly with commands like

if executed at
10 Mov 10

and so on...

So now it only commits the line when you press return..
otherwise you find yourself racing to type before the execution point comes
around again!!
fun though!

Tom
http://www.nullpointer.co.uk