Re: [livecode] Hello (& chaos)

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:17:16 +0100

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:54:06 -0400, Ge Wang wrote
> >> Something I'd like to research is changing code on the machine level
> >> live.
>
> Perry and I are doing this with ChucK.
>
> http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/
>
> ChucK runs on a VM with special virtual instructions (many for
> dealing with time), and is type-checked and compiled down to these
> instructions.

If you're programming a high level language that is compiled into bytecode,
thats not what I'm talking about - that still seperates the actual running
processes from the coder (with a write/compile cycle). I'm thinking of a
system where you edit the machine code as it's running. In most sensible
situations this would only ever result in crashes :)

Just friday afternoon waffle...

dave