Re: [livecode] toplap-perf-postmortem

From: alex <alex_at_state51.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:59:03 +0100

I think the best moment visually was when Dave's livecoded visuals were
overlaid with/by simple code that was slowly being built up - abstract
visual forms flowing across the code, and pulsing with the music.
Beautiful. I think the switching between screens worked well during the
final showdown but didn't sit well with the slowly changing music. This
is a personal point of view - I'm not a very visual person and so can't
take in fast transitions. Of course the answer is to have a projector
for everyone.

I don't think the code needs to be clearly seen though. I think it's
just enough to see the code grow in complexity with the music, and the
overlaying works well for this. Beyond that, nothing needs to be seen
or understood, although if someone really wants to read the code there's
no reason to stop them. But I don't think there is any great necessity
to increase font sizes and position screens so that everything can be
clearly read by the audience. For me the code should primarily be heard
and seen rather than read.

I also echo your thoughts Tom about it working surprisingly well
structurally and being a lot of fun! It was all far too ace and must be
repeated.

alex