Re: [livecode] re: coding from scratch

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:08:17 +0100

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 08:17, Nick Collins wrote:
> At one point all four stages had laptops running ableton
> > live!
>
> grrr
>
> well, not entirely serious. But I finally got to see a copy of Delaney's
> new book on laptop music (PC publishing)- talk about Ableton Live centric!

well, it probably does cover 90% of live laptoppery these days - and you
can't fault them on design principles, throwing away features until
everything fits on the screen :)

> Not even Max/MSP gets a proper mention, and as for PD, SC, custom software,
> live coding, alternative controllers beyond the obvious MIDI slider stuff...
>
> Dave, lego blocks sound fine for computing, tangible interfaces are a very
> current research topic. See also Ge's NIME04 ref to the Barcelona group's
> reacTable project.

I love stuff like this - I wonder if they have connections with the guys
at MIT: http://web.media.mit.edu/~jpatten/audiopad/

dave