Re: [livecode] re: coding from scratch

From: Ge Wang <gewang_at_CS.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:15:06 -0400

On Jul 21, 2004, at 11:58 AM, Dave Griffiths wrote:

> I think at the very least we need to come up with some good languages
> for live programming - maybe even design one for the purpose.

I agree. ChucK currently allows code to be added/changed on the fly,
you can do this from the command line, or from within the ChucK program,
which can write new programs on-the-fly. Perry and I are working on
making this happen at an even finer level (per line/per instruction).
ChucK is also totally open to new ideas - especially from people like
all of us live coders.

Also, I am totally down with designing other languages. Perhaps an
updated version of Forth - the ultimate write-only language! That is
really what we want (sometimes). write-only. If others are interested,
let's look into this more!

Environments are also crucial. we have an audicle site:

     http://audicle.cs.princeton.edu/

Thoughts?

Best,
Ge!