Re: [livecode] finishing paper

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 20:32:46 +0100

 I think the
> performer-audience separation as something I would try to break up by
> live programming, and not reassure it.

Please could you give some examples if your eyes fall open; you've spoken
before of playing off stage.

where is the importance of 'now' in such actions? Does just listening
always leads to someone asking about the nature of what they hear and get
us back into trouble?

interactive programming solo is prototyping/practise? Composition, not
improvisation under real-time constraints.

I don't want to cause schism but I would fear a diluting of message if we
did an either or case on performance perhaps; depends how couched. Please
feel free to suggest anything to resolve this!

(I've tried already to avoid out and out 'look at the virtuoso typer' stuff
but its hard not to talk up the intellectual appreciation of algorithm. Any
other tacks we could take?)