Re: vislivecode slightly ot rambles (was Re: [livecode] another ramble)

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:07:56 +0100

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 10:17, Amy Alexander wrote:
> i've been thinking off and on about what it might be like to do something
> like this with visuals, and somehow the above two lines from alex provided
> the magical inspiration. so last night i threw together a rough quick
> funny thingee that's a livecode editor and vj instrument - both at the
> same time. you type the code on the screen, and it actually executes the
> code as you type it, but all the visuals are made of the onscreen code too
> (sort of like my cyberspaceland project, but with code, and much simpler).

Amy, you just brightened up my day! Can't wait to see this. Definitely
must be part of the runme/dorkbot citycamp.

> though i'm experimenting with including the ability to pull in the whole
> desktop sometimes as well. and like cyberspaceland, it generously abuses
> the concept of feedback (but in this case, the whole thing's a feedback
> loop anyway...

Live coding does open up some interesting experiments in feedback
loops. Which is good, because it seems to me that the whole point of
performance are feedback loops of one kind to another... Between the
performer and the audience, between the performer and the environment
(accoustics, etc), between the performer and her creation and so on...

alex