Re: [livecode] streaming performances to a concert hall

From: Charlie Roberts <bigbadotis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 00:56:34 -0500

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I was hopeful for Google Hangouts
but for some strange reason I couldn't stream in stereo, despite using
"studio" mode. I beat my head against it for a while and gave up.

Skype / jacktrip seemed like it would be difficult for my performances
because of the code annotations / animations; I'd be worried about trying
to sync (and maintain sync between) the audio / visuals.

So in the end I went with OBS and WatchPeopleCode(WPC). Initially there
were some problems with the WPC servers; I contacted the admin via irc and
s/he sorted them out pretty quickly.

I also tried livecoding.tv but got turned off almost immediately by various
"features" / metadata requests etc.

WPC worked great for the performance, with a very minimal web interface for
audiences. Looking forward to doing more streams with that solution in the
future.

Thanks again for the advice! - Charlie

http://lurk.org/r/topic/YyjKlrwPkG6ddCaC8qvsF