Re: [livecode] live coding submissions at icmc - mpeg-4 only

From: Dan S <danstowell+toplap_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:11:08 +0000

2011/1/17 Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>:
> Dan;
>

>> Thanks, really grateful for the warning! My video is indeed Ogg
>> Theora, so I've just spent a little while trying to convert it into a
>> file that Quicktime can show - not quite got there yet!
>
> Wait. Does it actually say that? That's not what I read from Alex's post. Is
> MP4 Quicktime only? If so I do feel that this seriously harms the appearance
> of a impartial process.

No no, wait, it's purely my fault for mentioning Quicktime - I was
using Quicktime to confirm that the .mp4 files that I produced (using
vlc, ffmpeg, mencoder things like that) would be likely to render on
the judges' machines whatever they were.

MP4 is at least an international standard, not emerging from a single
manufacturer (i.e. the situation is better than calls that demand word
docs).

Dan