Re: [livecode] live coding submissions at icmc - mpeg-4 only

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:52:50 +0100

Dan;

> Thanks, really grateful for the warning! My video is indeed Ogg
> Theora, so I've just spent a little while trying to convert it into a
> file that Quicktime can show - not quite got there yet!

Wait. Does it actually say that? That's not what I read from Alex's post. Is
MP4 Quicktime only? If so I do feel that this seriously harms the appearance
of a impartial process.

If that's true this sounds no better than a "song writing competition" that
only accepts files in the latest Ableton format. Why don't they call it
"International Apple Music Conference" or "International Quicktime Music
Conference" then?

Do they put these rules somewhere public? I might like to blog about this
and if I would do that I'd like to be able to cite sources. Were such
constraints there in past years? Was anybody's work declined based primarily
on similar rules? Can we get enough data-points to try to find correlations
(for example between formats used and styles or techniques)? Are logs kept
of this process over the years? Can we have them? If not, why not? Does
Apple donate to this organisation?

Yours,
Kas.