Re: [livecode] vsxu

From: Vilson Vieira <vilson_at_void.cc>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:04:24 -0300

2010/9/15 alex <alex_at_lurk.org>:
> Hi Vilson,

Hello Alex,

> Yes I found vsku while looking for a framework to base visual
> programming experiments on.  I found clutter as well, it seems rather
> nice actually, I'm going through the tutorial right now.

I'm following this tutorial right now [1], is the same that you are reading?

> I'd be interested to hear what you are doing with it.

I want to create some kind of graphical environment to communicate
with backend synths like Evan Buswell's incredible Cshellsynth. I'm
investigating editors/ambients for visual programming/livecoding. Some
self-programmable programming environment with powerful, fast and
flexible GUI. I'm getting excited about the idea of developping that
using Clutter (or Fluxus like Kassen suggested).

I'm interested to hear about what you are doing too. Maybe we can collaborate.

BTW I've found other interesting visual programming systems like
TouchDesigner (sadly it's proprietary software) [2,3] by
derivative.ca. The electronic musician Alva Noto is using that on his
performances [4].

Cheers.

[1] http://www.tuxradar.com/content/clutter-beginners-tutorial
[2] http://vimeo.com/channels/touchdesigner#8724177