Re: [livecode] generating random MIDI events

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:11:57 +0100

Evan;

> Who gives a s*** about MIDI these days?

People with hardware synths. Yes, theoretically you can emulate anything but
in practice that potentially means trying to get very low latency
performance at high resolution without using block processing (or a
block-size of a single sample) because of feedback. Oh, and you likely only
get to use a single core/cpu per voice. Then there will be trouble.

Why doesn't hardware support OSC? I dunno, I didn't do it. Why do 3GHz
Pentiums have trouble keeping pace with with a set of lowly 80-200MHz
dedicated DSP's under some conditions? Why do some people still need to
solder up CMOS chips and op-amps? I dunno, didn't do that either.

It's 2010, we still don't have flying cars and MIDI still does make sense at
times. It's depressing, I know.

 On the bright side; I owe you a beer for the code to draw circles that I
borrowed from you for this;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41408203_at_N02/4305058333

Cheers,
Kas.