[livecode] Fwd: IEEE1588 patent encumbered -- project needs different leader

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:50:10 +0000

This below is sad reading, especially considering that ptpd was part
of the plan for a cross-system livecoding sync. Relatedly I just
learned that ChucK as well as PD have commercial iphone ports (rjdj
and smule), so I guess neither can accept patches to their GPLd code
without forking (although PD is mostly BSD, I understand portions of
the library are GPL). How long before we find the first US software
patent on live coding?

alex