Re: [livecode] live-patching workshop ideas

From: Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:25:15 -0700

Hi Evan,

I think doing human-programming with patch environments is especially
interesting given that the patch environments are themselves
representations of physical objects - i.e. analog synthesizers with
patch cords. So it's physical world to virtual to physical again,
forming a chain of whisper-down-the-lane representations of
representations (or, fun with semiotics). Some top-of-the-head ideas
that might be difficult but fun:

a) mapping the original item at times, rather than the virtual - for
example, a person representing a metronome rather than a metro object
b) running a second parallel human patch where the humans represent
the way the original patch might be done with analog means (which
wouldn't necessarily entail the same objects as in the Max/PD-based
human patch)
c) adding another layer of representation somehow - for example,
building an abstraction that represents a person imitating a metro,
rather using than the metro object itself.

etc...

Anyway, would be great to see video of the workshop afterwards!

Happy connecting,
-Amy