[livecode] toplap at club transmediale

From: Jan Rohlf <jan_at_clubtransmediale.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:54:34 +0100

hi at toplap,

hi alex or adrian (if this mail reaches you, I cc it to some other addresses
I have to make sure to reach you),

we have recieved the toplap submission. Thanks for that.

Now we would like to include you with a presentation and/or live coding
audio visual performance in a program, which at the moment is named "Live
Cinema". This program will be a series of panels, presentations, workshops,
screenings and performances investigating into the conceptual interplay of
live generated sound and image, hold at both the venues of club transmediale
and transmediale. We have identified several themes we would like to
discuss/present. Amongst them will be <The Philosophy of "live"> and <The
Role of Running Code>. It seems interesting to include toplap and its
statement/intent in one of these themes.

Would you be available on Sunday February 6th or on Monday February 7th?
Who would/could be part of toplap at club transmediale? From where would
they travel? Of course I immediatly thought about the combination of Alex
McLean and Adrian Ward, as I know both their work. But toplap seems to be a
bunch of people, so maybe you have other ideas. It is just that the budget
is of course limited, so that we might not be able to bring over many
members of toplap.

Could you describe how a toplap contribution could look like. Is it just the
performance or would you do a presentation/talk first? How much time would
you need? I also could imagine including somebody from toplap in one of the
panels.

Given time and interest from your side, I will send you more detailed
information and an outline sketch of the Live-Cinema program.

I would be glad top have you participating,
hope to hear from you soon,

all the best whishes
++jan rohlf

club transmediale